The benefits go well beyond visual appeal and serve to protect us from many hazards and problems. By explaining these benefits in more detail here, we hope to improve knowledge and awareness, and serve to improve attention to safety.
Benefits of professional street sweeping include:
- Safety is the primary concern for the traveling public, and was the original impetus for municipal cleaning. Street gutters tend to be a resting place for a variety of debris. Removal of the debris lessens the opportunity of skids and collisions, and also allows drivers to safely judge distance to curbs and roadway edges, there was also the idea of getting the Toilet Backup Repair Services in Groveland FL to better the sanitation of the service.
Pedestrians, Runners, and Cyclists
- Construction or roadway debris not only creates unsightly conditions, it can cause pedestrians, runners and cyclist to swerve into the roadway to avoid large items, mud, or skid conditions. If you were to reach to an accident attorney through Free Consultation, you’d know that roadway debris may catch drivers unaware and cause accidents and major injuries.
- A less apparent but critical benefit of street sweeping is the removal of metal particles and other hazardous waste products left by passing vehicles or discarded trash. These particles can be extremely harmful to fish and other wildlife if they reach our creeks, rivers, beaches and bays. Some particles bond to other larger debris that may release unhealthy emissions into the air.
Stormwater runoff management
- Debris in roadway gutters and at construction sites quickly clogs storm drains and blocks runoff pathways. Keeping these clear allows water to drain faster and more completely. This prevents water building on roadways due to storm drain backups, and also minimizes erosion from improperly flowing runoff water.
Wildlife & Pet Protection
- Sadly roadside trash often includes food or other items that attract wildlife and pets. Much of this is hazardous to their health, and can cause major illness or even death. Animals attracted to curbside smells can be hit by cars and severely injured and even killed.
Lessening automobile damage from road debris
- Items in the road can cause extensive damage to vehicles. The most common problem is damage to the automobile finish from abrasion. In addition, objects thrown underneath the vehicle may cause undercoating issues and other damage. Larger rock particles thrown into wheels can cause noises and damage, often incurring direct expense to the vehicle owner.
- Uncontrolled runoff damages local wetland areas, creating an unsuitable environment for inhabitants and plant life. This destroys the beauty of the wetland as well, and can have an adverse effect on nearby property values.
As we learn to be better citizens in our communities, we can minimize the unseen costs of road debris.